First off, I would like to say a thank you to Mrs. Renz for the great idea for this project!
Please check out how wonderful her site is!!!
Are you a 3rd grader who...
Well, this is the club for you!!
What do you have to do to become a member?
Look at the list of 73 activities below. Pick any activity you want to, find the answers, study, and come in and take your "CRAIN BRAINS" quiz. If you pass, you earn a point to place on our “CRAIN BRAINS” Board next to your name. Once you earn 15 points, you will become a member of our “CRAIN BRAINS” Hall of Fame, and your name will be there FOREVER (or until Mrs. Crain retires!). You can do ALL 73 activities if you want to! MEMBERS NAMES WILL BE ORDERED ACCORDING TO THEIR POINTS AND DATE ACCOMPLISHED SO IT IS A RACE TO THE TOP! WILL IT BE YOU?
What if I think of an activity that is NOT on the list?
Let Mrs. Crain know, and adding it to the list under "CRAIN Challenges" will be discussed!
What activities can I choose from?
Here is a list of all the activities you can choose from:
Click on the subject to go straight to the activity!
Social Studies Science Language Arts Math Miscellaneous
SOCIAL STUDIES Link to this site to help you!
1. Name the 7 continents. More About the Continents
2. Name 15 world countries. Country Maps
3. Name 15 major world cities. Capital Cities of the World
4. Name 10 South American and Central American countries. South America Country Map
Central America Map
5. Name 10 countries bordering the Pacific Ocean. Country Maps
6. Name 10 countries in Europe. European countries quiz game
Click on the correct European country game
7. Name 10 countries in Africa. Click on the correct African country game
8. Name 10 major bodies of water. Oceans and Seas
9. Name 10 major world rivers. Fact Monster - Principal Rivers of the World
River Systems of the World
10. Name 10 large deserts of the world. FactMonster deserts of the world
11. Name all 5 of the Great Lakes. Be able to name one fun fact about each one, AND which one is the largest! Great Lakes Information
12. Name 10 major mountains or mountain ranges. World Mountain Maps - click a mountain
13. Name the 50 states in ABC order. 50 States Quiz
14. Write the names of the 50 states on a map. Explore the States
Blank United States Map- Label THIS!
15. Name each state and its capital. State Capitals - Homework Spot
States & Capitals Game
16. Name the 13 Colonies. 13 Colonies Homepage
List of the 13 Colonies
13 Colonies Quiz & Map
17. Name 10 Native American tribes. Native American Nations
18 List the abbreviations of all 50 states. State Abbreviation List
19. Label 10 towns in MI on a North Carolina map. Blank NC Map
20. Name and illustrate the state symbols of North Carolina. State Symbols of NC
21. Name 8 explorers and what they are famous for. Zoom Explorers
22. Name the 1st - 20th presidents in order. Presidents of the U.S.A.
KidsKonnect - Presidents
23. Name the 21st - Current Presidents Presidents of the U.S.A.
KidsKonnect - Presidents
SCIENCE Link to this site to help you out!
24. Name 15 kinds of fish. Northeast Fisheries Science Center
KidsKonnect.com - Fish
25. Name 15 marine creatures. KidsKonnect.com - Aquariums
26. Name 15 mammals. All About Mammals
27. Name 15 vertebrate animals. List of vertebrate animals
Vertebrate animals & photos
28. Name 15 desert animals or wildlife. Loads of desert animal information
29. Name 10 reptiles. Reptile Database
30. Name 10 dinosaurs. Dinosaur Pictures
KidsKonnect.com - Dinosaurs
31. Name 10 types of birds. State Birds of the U.S.A.
KidsKonnect.com - Birds
32. Name 10 rain forest birds or mammals. Rainforest Wildlife
Zoobooks - Rainforest Mammals Crossword Puzzle
KidsKonnect.com - Rainforest
33. List 10 deciduous trees. Deciduous Trees
KidsKonnect.com - Trees
34. Name 10 rocks or minerals. Mineral Gallery - see photos
Rock Hounds - How Rocks are Formed
KidsKonnect.com - Rocks & Minerals
35. Name 10 endangered species and illustrate each one. Endangered Species of Michigan
36. Name 10 constellations. Choose a constellation then "constellation lines"
More constellation pictures
Another constellation site
37. Name 10 organs in the human body. Tour of Human Body - Think Quest
38. Name 8 types of clouds. More about clouds
39. Name 5 inventors and their inventions. National Inventors Hall of Fame Timeline
40. Name 5 human body systems Virtual Body
41. Draw a picture and label the stages of the water cycle. Water Cycle
42. Name the order of the colors in the rainbow. About Rainbows
43. Label the major bones of the skeleton. Human Skeleton - Enchanted Learning
Mr. Bones Assembly Activity
44. Name the order of the planets in the solar system. Introduction to the Planets
LANGUAGE ARTS Link to this site to help you out!
45. Name 20 verbs. What is a Verb?
Play the "Nouns or Verbs? game 46. Name 15 adjectives. What is an adjective?
More adjective info.
47. Name 15 adverbs. Adverbs
More about Adverbs
48. Name 15 prepositions. Guide to Grammar & Writing
49. Name 10 common nouns & 10 proper nouns. Nouns
Noun activities to quiz yourself with
50. Name 10 famous authors and one book that they wrote. Children's Authors
KidsKonnect.com - Authors
51. Give 2 examples each of alliteration, personification, simile, metaphor, and onomatopoeia. Simile, metaphor, personification
52. Count to 20 in Spanish, then write your numbers in Spanish. Count to 20 in Spanish
53. Count to 20 in French, then write your numbers in French. Click "Écoutons" to listen to the numbers & then click "Répétons"
54. Use sign language and "sign" your first and last name to me! Sign Language Alphabet
55. Score 100% on FIVE spelling tests in a row! in class activity
MATH Link to this site to help you out! 56. Draw the lines of symmetry for the capital alphabet. Symmetry of Capital Letters, Teachnet.org- Symmetry of Capital Letters,Investigating Symmetry in our alphabet
57. Compute area of squares, rectangles, circles, and triangles. Math.com - Area Formulas
58. Write in Roman numerals up to 100. Roman numerals
Know your Roman numerals
Take a Roman Numerals Interactive Quiz
59. Name 5 famous mathematicians and what they are famous for. Four famous mathematicians
A long list of mathematicians
60. Earn 100% in 4 minutes on a basic addition fact quiz ArithmAttack
61. Earn 100% in 4 minutes on a basic subtraction fact quiz ArithmAttack
62. Earn 100% in 4 minutes on a basic multiplication fact quiz ArithmAttack
MISCELLANEOUS Link to this site to help you out!
63. Name one career for each letter of the alphabet. A HUGE list of careers
Jobs Kids Like
64. Name the birthstones for each month. Birthstones
65. Name 20 different modes of transportation. Transit People
66. Name 12 winter or summer Olympic events. KidsKonnect.com - Olympics
67. Learn about patents and trademarks. Pick a month and list 8 you find most interesting. U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
68. Choose 5 famous African Americans and tell how they made a difference in the world today. TFK Famous African Americans
69. List 10 football teams and their cities. National Football League
70. List 10 basketball teams and their cities. National Basketball Association
71. List 10 baseball teams and their cities. Major League Baseball
72. List 10 soccer teams and their cities. Major League Soccer
73. List 10 hockey teams and their cities. National Hockey League