First off, I would like to say a thank you to for the great idea for this project!
Please check out how wonderful her site is!!!
Are you a 3rd grader who...
Well, this is the club for you!!
What do you have to do to become a member?
Look at the list of 73 activities below. Pick any activity you want to, find the answers, study, and come in and take your "CRAIN BRAINS" quiz. If you pass, you earn a point to place on our “CRAIN BRAINS” Board next to your name. Once you earn 15 points, you will become a member of our “CRAIN BRAINS” Hall of Fame, and your name will be there FOREVER (or until Mrs. Crain retires!). You can do ALL 73 activities if you want to! MEMBERS NAMES WILL BE ORDERED ACCORDING TO THEIR POINTS AND DATE ACCOMPLISHED SO IT IS A RACE TO THE TOP! WILL IT BE YOU?
What if I think of an activity that is NOT on the list?
Let Mrs. Crain know, and adding it to the list under "CRAIN Challenges" will be discussed!
What activities can I choose from?
Here is a list of all the activities you can choose from:
Click on the subject to go straight to the activity!
SOCIAL STUDIES Link to this site to help you!
1. Name the 7 continents.
2. Name 15 world countries.
3. Name 15 major world cities.
4. Name 10 South American and Central American countries.
5. Name 10 countries bordering the Pacific Ocean.
6. Name 10 countries in Europe.
7. Name 10 countries in Africa.
8. Name 10 major bodies of water.
9. Name 10 major world rivers.
10. Name 10 large deserts of the world.
11. Name all 5 of the Great Lakes. Be able to name one fun fact about each one, AND which one is the largest!
12. Name 10 major mountains or mountain ranges.
13. Name the 50 states in ABC order.
14. Write the names of the 50 states on a map.
15. Name each state and its capital.
16. Name the 13 Colonies.
17. Name 10 Native American tribes.
18 List the abbreviations of all 50 states.
19. Label 10 towns in MI on a North Carolina map.
20. Name and illustrate the state symbols of North Carolina.
21. Name 8 explorers and what they are famous for.
22. Name the 1st - 20th presidents in order.
23. Name the 21st - Current Presidents
SCIENCE Link to this site to help you out!
24. Name 15 kinds of fish.
25. Name 15 marine creatures.
26. Name 15 mammals.
27. Name 15 vertebrate animals.
28. Name 15 desert animals or wildlife.
29. Name 10 reptiles.
30. Name 10 dinosaurs.
31. Name 10 types of birds.
32. Name 10 rain forest birds or mammals.
33. List 10 deciduous trees.
34. Name 10 rocks or minerals.
35. Name 10 endangered species and illustrate each one.
36. Name 10 constellations.
37. Name 10 organs in the human body.
38. Name 8 types of clouds.
39. Name 5 inventors and their inventions.
40. Name 5 human body systems
41. Draw a picture and label the stages of the water cycle.
42. Name the order of the colors in the rainbow.
43. Label the major bones of the skeleton.
44. Name the order of the planets in the solar system.
LANGUAGE ARTS Link to this site to help you out!
45. Name 20 verbs.
46. Name 15 adjectives.
47. Name 15 adverbs.
48. Name 15 prepositions.
49. Name 10 common nouns & 10 proper nouns.
50. Name 10 famous authors and one book that they wrote.
51. Give 2 examples each of alliteration, personification, simile, metaphor, and onomatopoeia.
52. Count to 20 in Spanish, then write your numbers in Spanish.
53. Count to 20 in French, then write your numbers in French.
54. Use sign language and "sign" your first and last name to me!
55. Score 100% on FIVE spelling tests in a row! in class activity
MATH Link to this site to help you out! 56. Draw the lines of symmetry for the capital alphabet. , ,
57. Compute area of squares, rectangles, circles, and triangles.
58. Write in Roman numerals up to 100.
59. Name 5 famous mathematicians and what they are famous for.
60. Earn 100% in 4 minutes on a basic addition fact quiz
61. Earn 100% in 4 minutes on a basic subtraction fact quiz
62. Earn 100% in 4 minutes on a basic multiplication fact quiz
MISCELLANEOUS Link to this site to help you out!
63. Name one career for each letter of the alphabet.
64. Name the birthstones for each month.
65. Name 20 different modes of transportation.
66. Name 12 winter or summer Olympic events.
67. Learn about patents and trademarks. Pick a month and list 8 you find most interesting.
68. Choose 5 famous African Americans and tell how they made a difference in the world today.
69. List 10 football teams and their cities.
70. List 10 basketball teams and their cities.
71. List 10 baseball teams and their cities.
72. List 10 soccer teams and their cities.
73. List 10 hockey teams and their cities.